Financial Services Representative
Financial Services Representative for an Innovative Wellness Company
Are you a business professional with a passion for health and wellness? If so, we want you to join our dynamic team!
MPOWER Performance Institute represents a new paradigm in Personal Wellness by incorporating a medical approach to achieve optimum results. MPOWER coordinates our clients’ fitness and wellness improvement through programs developed in concert with physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, personal trainers and dietitians. The Financial Services Representative is responsible for overseeing MPOWER physical therapy billing processing, collections and A/R to ensure company goals are met.
Posts charges, posts mailed-in patient payments and insurance payments, maintain patient and insurance correspondence, and perform in-house collection duties for overdue patient account balances as requested and works aging reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and oversee all aging accounts for physical therapy
- Contact and continually follow up with insurance companies regarding outstanding claims
- Ensure all daily charges are entered into TheraOffice
- Ensure all insurance and patient payments are posted to Zirmed and TheraOffice
- Process requests for refunds and submit to Operations Manager for approval
- Respond to all Letter of Medical Necessity requests from insurance companies
- Respond to all written and telephone billing inquiries from patients
- Resubmit insurance claims, if necessary
- Ensure all patient statements are sent out monthly
- Promote our online payment system and assist patients with any problems while using this mechanism
- Follow up with patients with outstanding balances and assist them with establishing payment plans
- Send monthly reports (collections report, credit report, A/R report and referral log) to COO for review
- Assist Client Services Representative with verifying insurances
- Assist Client Services Representative with other front desk duties including (but not limited to) answering phones, scheduling patients/clients, EOD reports and taking payments
- Assist Operations Manager with developing and structuring MPOWER’s overall billing processes
- High school diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral level degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- Extensive experience in health care is a plus.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience working in a physician office or hospital billing-type position
- Proven record of discussing financial responsibilities and establishing payment plans when necessary
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Neat, professional appearance
- Basic knowledge of CPT and ICD-10-CM coding for Orthopedic surgery
- Working knowledge of managed care, commercial insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid reimbursement
- Proven understanding of Explanation of Benefits forms, claim forms and the insurance billing process
We have high standards for Professionalism and Client/Patient Care. We are looking for an individual with leadership and organizational skills supporting our business of transforming the lives of others and themselves. If you are committed to putting your energy and time into supporting an innovative Personal Wellness program, submit your resume today!