Are you seeking a challenging, yet rewarding position in healthcare? Do you like working with people over the phone? Are you calm under pressure, attentive to detail and enjoy working in a team environment? We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Scheduling Support Specialist!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times to patients, colleagues, and referring doctors.
- Receives patient calls on behalf of all physicians.
- Accept and return calls for and related to patients. Entails answering telephone calls promptly and professionally and always being polite to the patients.
- Schedule new and return patients for all physicians. This includes following proper protocols and understanding the parameters within which the physicians work. Understanding existing contracts that the physician participates in is paramount to being able to adequately carry out these duties.
- This requirement also includes scheduling referral appointments to physicians to whom our practice refers patients. Subsequent copying and sending of applicable documentation and medical records is included in this duty.
- Schedule injection series on behalf of the physicians.
- Remain up to date with changes to scheduling requirements and guidelines for each physician.
- Follow up with patients that do not show up for their appointments. Document any correspondence – verbal or otherwise – in the patient’s chart.
- Ensure that information needed to treat each patient is in their file. If additional information is required, take necessary steps (get files from the hospital, call other providers, etc.) to get the patient’s chart and information in condition to be seen by the physician.
- Fax information to patients or other healthcare services providers, as needed or directed by the physician.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four year college degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical practice procedures and terminology is helpful.
- At least two years of appropriate medical office job experience required.
Do you want to play an instrumental role in a great work environment? Are you great at multi-tasking, and do you enjoy working with people over the phone? Are you able to make good, sound decisions under pressure? We have a great opportunity for you to work in a healthcare setting, joining our team as an Operator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to operate a multi-line phone system
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform redundant tasks with minimal error rate
- Pleasant speaking voice and demeanor
- Neat, professional appearance
- Ability to use good judgment in the course of contact with physicians, patients, staff and attorneys
- Ability to complete forms and other requests for information
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answers all calls kindly and politely within three rings and says, “Elite Sports Medicine, how may I direct your call?” Then transfer appropriately.
- Informs patients about the practice’s Web site; encourages them to visit, and register online, and/or mails new patients a Welcome Packet about the practice.
- Completes rechecks for the following day. This includes the nurses note and any clinical information the doctor needs for the office visit.
- Assists with medical records as needed
- High school diploma
• College education or trade school preferred